This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Community shares (25)
- Governance (set up) (24)
- Fundraising (social investment) (23)
- Business planning (20)
- Governance (legal options) (20)
- Community shares Standard Mark (9)
- Organisational development (growth) (6)
- Converting to a co-op (2)
- Fundraising (grant) (2)
- Social impact measurement (2)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Community led housing (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- (-) Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (23)
- (-) Organisational development (start-up) (7)
- (-) Financial management and planning (4)
- (-) Developing/managing assets (2)
- Reset all
- (-) Community Shares
- (-) Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- (-) London
- (-) Yorkshire and the Humber
- (-) North East
- (-) Wales
- (-) Engagement and consultation, including volunteering
- (-) Organisational development (start-up)
- (-) Financial management and planning
- (-) Developing/managing assets
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
Jo Bird has been a successful and practical co‑operator since 1993 when she co‑founded a housing co‑operative in Manchester.
The Community Shares Company
Dave has more than 20 years' experience of working with community and social businesses, helping raise over £15m from over 65 community shares issues in the last 8 years.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Nathan has been delivering support and training to co‑operatives, community enterprises and trading charities since 1998.
Anne co-founded Morecambe Bay Community Renewables in 2011 and was the main author of their three successful share offer documents.
Co-op Culture is a co-operative consortium of co-operative and community advisors, entrepreneurs and enterprises. Our members and associates have a vast and varied experience of supporting…
Paul works with Sporting Assets, a social enterprise that helps develop sustainable sports organisations, by helping them take ownership of facilities, develop new facilities, secure investment and…
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Co-operative Futures is a business development consultancy specialising in co-operative, mutual and community led businesses.
Eva Goudouneix is Repowering London’s Community Development Manager.
Co-operatives and Mutual Solutions (CMS)
Dave has advised over 50 completed community share issues over the last 18 years raising £11 million of shares often topped up with other forms of finance.
Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
Leeds Community Homes
Josh has numerous years experience in the co‑operative sector – in community led housing and worker co‑ops, as well as establishing and living in housing co‑operatives.
James has worked in the sports sector for more than 10 years. He has spent the majority of that time providing development support to sports clubs and their communities.
Community Energy Scotland
Andy has been investing in community shares for a decade and has helped to establish several co-operative societies in the Borders.