This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Community shares (16)
- Governance (set up) (16)
- Fundraising (social investment) (15)
- Organisational development (start-up) (6)
- Organisational development (growth) (5)
- Financial management and planning (2)
- Fundraising (grant) (2)
- Community led housing (1)
- Developing/managing assets (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- Social impact measurement (1)
- (-) Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (15)
- (-) Governance (legal options) (15)
- (-) Business planning (14)
- (-) Community shares Standard Mark (7)
- (-) Converting to a co-op (2)
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Reset all
- (-) Community Shares
- (-) Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- (-) Wales
- (-) Northern Ireland
- (-) Engagement and consultation, including volunteering
- (-) Governance (legal options)
- (-) Business planning
- (-) Community shares Standard Mark
- (-) Converting to a co-op
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis)
Jo Bird has been a successful and practical co‑operator since 1993 when she co‑founded a housing co‑operative in Manchester.
The Community Shares Company
Dave has more than 20 years' experience of working with community and social businesses, helping raise over £15m from over 65 community shares issues in the last 8 years.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Co-op Culture is a co-operative consortium of co-operative and community advisors, entrepreneurs and enterprises. Our members and associates have a vast and varied experience of supporting…
Paul works with Sporting Assets, a social enterprise that helps develop sustainable sports organisations, by helping them take ownership of facilities, develop new facilities, secure investment and…
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Co-operative Futures is a business development consultancy specialising in co-operative, mutual and community led businesses.
Co-operatives and Mutual Solutions (CMS)
Dave has advised over 50 completed community share issues over the last 18 years raising £11 million of shares often topped up with other forms of finance.
James has worked in the sports sector for more than 10 years. He has spent the majority of that time providing development support to sports clubs and their communities.
Cwmpas (formerly Wales Co-operative Centre)
Hannah Morris a Business advisor for the Community Shares Wales Resilience Project run by Cwmpas.
Based in Northern Ireland, Tiziana holds a ILM Certificate in Social Enterprise Support and has been involved in co-operative development since 2012.
Jeff Scales is the Head of Services for Locality in the North and Central regions and has worked in both the public and the voluntary/community sectors over the last 25 years.
Plymouth Energy Community
Jon has been involved in the community energy sector for several years. This has involved establishing and providing on‑going support to two community energy organisations.
Mark is an experienced community entrepreneur and advisor, specialising in enterprise working towards social and environmental change.
Power to Change
Alex is a Programme Manager at Power to Change where she supports community businesses across England to grow and become more financially sustainable.