This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Community shares (11)
- Governance (set up) (11)
- Business planning (10)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (10)
- Governance (legal options) (9)
- Community shares Standard Mark (4)
- Organisational development (start-up) (4)
- Developing/managing assets (2)
- Fundraising (grant) (2)
- Social impact measurement (2)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Community led housing (1)
- Converting to a co-op (1)
- Financial management and planning (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- (-) Fundraising (social investment) (9)
- (-) Organisational development (growth) (3)
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Anne co-founded Morecambe Bay Community Renewables in 2011 and was the main author of their three successful share offer documents.
Co-op Culture is a co-operative consortium of co-operative and community advisors, entrepreneurs and enterprises. Our members and associates have a vast and varied experience of supporting…
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
Leeds Community Homes
Josh has numerous years experience in the co‑operative sector – in community led housing and worker co‑ops, as well as establishing and living in housing co‑operatives.
Community Energy Scotland
Andy has been investing in community shares for a decade and has helped to establish several co-operative societies in the Borders.
Sophie has over 10 years’ experience in the social enterprise sector as a volunteer, director and accredited SFEDI business advisor.
Based in Northern Ireland, Tiziana holds a ILM Certificate in Social Enterprise Support and has been involved in co-operative development since 2012.
Say Watt Ltd