This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Community shares (26)
- Governance (set up) (24)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (23)
- Fundraising (social investment) (23)
- Governance (legal options) (21)
- Business planning (18)
- Community shares Standard Mark (10)
- Organisational development (start-up) (9)
- Organisational development (growth) (5)
- Developing/managing assets (2)
- Social impact measurement (2)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Community led housing (1)
- Marketing / communications (including digital) (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- (-) Financial management and planning (4)
- (-) Fundraising (grant) (4)
- (-) Converting to a co-op (3)
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
The Community Shares Company
Dave has more than 20 years' experience of working with community and social businesses, helping raise over £15m from over 65 community shares issues in the last 8 years.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Co-op Culture is a co-operative consortium of co-operative and community advisors, entrepreneurs and enterprises. Our members and associates have a vast and varied experience of supporting…
Sophie has over 10 years’ experience in the social enterprise sector as a volunteer, director and accredited SFEDI business advisor.
Cwmpas (formerly Wales Co-operative Centre)
Hannah Morris a Business advisor for the Community Shares Wales Resilience Project run by Cwmpas.
Community Shares Scotland
Toby Sandison is a Development Officer with Community Shares Scotland, which provides fully-funded support to any Scottish communities wishing to issue community shares.
Jeff Scales is the Head of Services for Locality in the North and Central regions and has worked in both the public and the voluntary/community sectors over the last 25 years.
Hugh has 16 years’ experience of working with businesses and community groups on business plans, financial projections and funding applications.
Acorn Co-op Support and Co-op Culture
Andy is an experienced ecological community entrepreneur with a speciality in housing co‑ops, land trusts, community ownership and worker co‑ops that have an ecological or sustainability focus.