This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Organisational development (start-up) (13)
- Organisational development (growth) (12)
- Community shares (11)
- Governance (legal options) (10)
- Business planning (9)
- Converting to a co-op (9)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (9)
- Fundraising (social investment) (9)
- Community shares Standard Mark (5)
- Financial management and planning (3)
- Community led housing (1)
- Developing/managing assets (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- Social impact measurement (1)
- (-) Governance (set up) (12)
- (-) Fundraising (grant) (2)
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Anne co-founded Morecambe Bay Community Renewables in 2011 and was the main author of their three successful share offer documents.
Ironmonger Community Advisors
Alan has provided advisory services to community groups and enterprises for the past 8 years on behalf of Plunkett Foundation.
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Renewable energy activist, retired Chartered IT Practitioner and teacher.
Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
Leeds Community Homes
Josh has numerous years experience in the co‑operative sector – in community led housing and worker co‑ops, as well as establishing and living in housing co‑operatives.
Cwmpas (formerly Wales Co-operative Centre)
Hannah Morris a Business advisor for the Community Shares Wales Resilience Project run by Cwmpas.
Based in Northern Ireland, Tiziana holds a ILM Certificate in Social Enterprise Support and has been involved in co-operative development since 2012.
CASE and TH!NK FC
Ian is passionate about levelling the playing field. He’s an experienced co-operative and community business supporter who works through CASE and also TH!NK FC, a community business for sharing tools…