This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Organisational development (growth) (16)
- Organisational development (start-up) (16)
- Governance (set up) (14)
- Business planning (12)
- Community shares (12)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (12)
- Governance (legal options) (12)
- Converting to a co-op (11)
- Community shares Standard Mark (6)
- Community led housing (2)
- Developing/managing assets (2)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Human resources (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- Social impact measurement (1)
- Standards (health and safety, regulation) (1)
- (-) Fundraising (social investment) (11)
- (-) Financial management and planning (4)
- (-) Fundraising (grant) (3)
Co-operative Futures Ltd
I have founded and worked in many place-based co-operatives and community businesses in Oxford and have firsthand experience of business and organisational development.
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
Nathan has been delivering support and training to co‑operatives, community enterprises and trading charities since 1998.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Anne co-founded Morecambe Bay Community Renewables in 2011 and was the main author of their three successful share offer documents.
Ironmonger Community Advisors
Alan has provided advisory services to community groups and enterprises for the past 8 years on behalf of Plunkett Foundation.
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
Leeds Community Homes
Josh has numerous years experience in the co‑operative sector – in community led housing and worker co‑ops, as well as establishing and living in housing co‑operatives.
Cwmpas (formerly Wales Co-operative Centre)
Hannah Morris a Business advisor for the Community Shares Wales Resilience Project run by Cwmpas.
Based in Northern Ireland, Tiziana holds a ILM Certificate in Social Enterprise Support and has been involved in co-operative development since 2012.
Co-operative Assistance Network
Hilary has been supporting new and existing co-operatives since 1996 and community shares initiatives since 2010.