The Co-op Economy is the nation’s only comprehensive report on the UK’s co‑operative sector. It reveals turnover, membership and employee figures for thousands of co‑op businesses across the UK.
- There are 7,215 independent co-ops in the UK, contributing £37.7 billion to the UK economy – an increase of £400m on the previous year
- The UK's co-ops employ 233,733 people
- There are 13.7 million members of co-ops - equivalent to a fifth of the UK population!
Resources to download
- Co-op Economy 2019 report [pdf 3.18MB]
- Social media graphics - various (see above)
- Powerpoint presentation [pdf 3.78MB]. You can also download a Google Slides version
- Read our summary of the Co-op Economy 2019 report
- Read our news story about the Co-op Economy 2019 report
Share the news about the latest co-op economy figures. Download graphics, PowerPoint slides and a template press release from the links above.