Two online workshops, hosted by Power to Change and Co‑operatives UK were held in February. Recordings of the webinars are now available.
Workshop 1: Welcome to Community Business
This hour‑long session introduced the concept of community business and community shares, showcased case studies and research, before introducing the pilot and how it works, including:
- The application process.
- How we’ll decide what to support.
- Drawing down of the development grant.
- Working with specialist advisors.
Workshop 2: What makes a successful community business?
A breakout session was held for potential applicants to meet other community businesses working in the same sectors, areas or facing similar challenges. The workshop featured:
- Testimonials from existing community businesses
- Peer to peer discussions providing time to ask questions and share experiences
- Networking to develop relationships with other community businesses across London