How to apply – Track 1
Track 1: Start‑up support
- Apply for up to eight 8 days of business development support, up to a value of £4,000.
- Applications opened on 29 January 2021 and closed on 12 March (deadline was extended).
- Applicants will be advised if their application has been successful within 8 weeks of submission.
- Depending on demand and if full capacity is not reached, we may run a second round later in the year. All support will need to be delivered by the end of December 2021.
Applicants needed to complete the online form. Applications to Track 1 are now closed.
- Once we receive your completed application, groups will be contacted by Co‑operatives UK to explore your ideas and ensure that you are eligible and if not you will signposted to other support. This call is an essential part of helping groups to identify the type and level of support required to give you the best chance of securing the right type of support. The application is shared with assessors.
- Successful applicants will receive up to 8 days of development support and will be matched with one of our expert business development advisers who are contracted to deliver one‑to‑one advice.
- Applicants will be offered the opportunity to request one of our existing providers, for example if they have worked with them before. You can view a list here.
- One‑to‑one support is currently limited to phone/video calls and email due to Covid‑19, but does not impact the quality of support.
If you are in the early stage of setting up your community business, check out our online resources and start a new co‑op step by step: