In May 2018, new regulations come into effect that all organisations will need to comply with when storing people's data and communicating with them.
We have published a toolkit to give members guidance on GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). The first part, which can be downloaded now, provides guidance and template policies for employee data.
The toolkit comprises:
- GDPR Employee Data Toolkit
- An editable template for implementing a GDPR policy for employee data
- A draft policy for employers (including an editable template)
- A draft privacy notice for employees (including an editable template)
A Data Protection Bill is currently being debated before parliament. Once that process is finalised, a new Data Protection Act will come into force, to sit alongside the GDPR. We will keep the resouces up to date, so keep checking back at www.uk.coop/gdprtoolkit
A member data toolkit, focusing on other areas of data processing, will follow in due course.
If you have any questions or would like further advice and guidance about data protection, please contact [email protected].
How can we help your co‑op?
Specialist advice for co‑operatives is often hard to come by. Our support packages offer our members unique access to the best support from some of the UK’s leading advisers on co‑operative governance, finance, HR and membership.
- Our HR Package, aimed at co‑ops with upwards of 10 employees, enables co‑ops to benefit from high quality services, expert advice on employment law and cost savings on market-leading HR resources.
- Our Contact Package enables co-ops to get help with queries about governance, finance, HR or membership up to 10 times in a year for only £200. This is the best value support package your co‑op could sign-up for.
Read more about how we can help your co-op.