Co‑operatives UK is offering free return flights for three young people from the UK co‑op sector to attend the Global Youth Forum in Colombo, Sri Lanka in July.
The free-to-attend, five-day event – from 22 to 26 July – is a brilliant opportunity for training, skills development and networking. It will bring together entrepreneurs and professionals aged 18-35 from around the world.
It’s a chance to meet people from different cultures, share ideas and improve knowledge. Participants will learn from best practice, be inspired and encouraged to innovate in the field of youth and co‑operative entrepreneurship.
Successful applicants to the event will benefit from free airport transfers, accommodation, meals, training and networking, but have to cover their flight costs – and that’s where Co‑operatives UK can help. We’re offering to pay for return flights for three young UK co‑operators from amongst our membership – whose application to attend the Global Youth Forum has been successful. We will also organise an online meet up for those going, hopefully together with people who have been to events like this in the past.
Those wishing to apply to attend the Global Youth Forum can do so at: gyf19.coop/registration. Registration closes on 28 April.
To apply for a free return flight, email us at [email protected] with ‘Global Youth Forum Flight’ in the subject line before 5pm on 22 May. Please include the following in your email:
- A short paragraph introducing yourself
- The name of the Co‑operatives UK member co-op you’re linked to (if you are a member of a larger co-operative, we would encourage you first to seek support from that co-op)
- A short statement in support of your application – why do you want to go? Can you commit to sharing the knowledge and experience you gain with others?
- A copy of your Global Youth Forum application
- Confirmation of attendance at the event (this can be sent later once confirmed)
Your contact email and phone number
We may need to get back to you for further information and will let you know if your application has been successful.
Closing date to apply for free flights is 5pm on 22 May.