Is your community-owned organisation facing some difficult decisions due to COVID? Your co-op can apply for a free 1-hour HR surgery with one of our expert HR advisers, funded by Power to Change.
The sessions could cover issues such as:
- Leave and pay for people unable to work.
- Developing safe working environments within the requirements of the law.
- Handling employees who are clinically vulnerable or extremely vulnerable and making decisions over how to enable returns to work at the right time.
- Making decisions on how best to handle employees prevented from working due to childcare issues caused by school closures or limited availability of wrap around care.
- Business reorganisations, restructuring and redundancy processes and procedures.
- Furlough, part-time furlough and changes in the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, and enabling people to return to work following furlough.
- Managing wellbeing, including mental health, in these difficult times for employers and workers.
Who can apply?
The free HR surgeries are for Power to Change grantees and Co-operatives UK members, based in England, that meet the Power to Change criteria for community businesses.They are available on a first come-first served basis until the end of September (or until all slots are full).