Raise awareness of co‑ops by taking part in our annual Co‑op Fortnight campaign.
14 million people are members of a co‑op in the UK. That's around a fifth of the population.
Co‑ops operate in all sectors but they are all owned and controlled by their members. People become members for lots of different reasons, and this Co‑op Fortnight (21 June to 4 July 2021) we want to encourage everyone to #JoinACoop.
The Covid‑19 pandemic has forced us to rethink how we do things – as a society, as businesses and organisations, and as individuals. What we do know, is that co‑ops offer so much to people, communities and the UK economy. We need to get that message out loud and clear this Co‑op Fortnight!
How your co‑op can get involved
Working together, we can raise awareness of co-ops and grow membership engagement:
- Celebrate your members by telling their stories on social media. Why did they join? What does membership mean in your co‑op? How did your members respond to the Covid‑19 crisis?
- Run a membership recruitment campaign during the fortnight.
- Hold events and activities to engage and thank your members.
- Write a blog or article. Do you have a story of how life changed for you – or others – when you joined a co‑op? Share on your website, via email and social media. Or write an article for your local or trade press.
Use our resources
- Download our campaign pack with sample social media posts, graphics, logos and text that you can upload to your website and include in email newsletters.
- During the fortnight, share stories of co‑operation on social media using #JoinACoop so we can retweet your posts.
- Share our campaign video during the fortnight (launching 21 June) which showcases different members and the reasons why they joined a co‑op.
Pledge to take part
Tell us your plans so we can generate media interest and stories for social media.