Co-operation is part of the fabric of member-owned business, so your Co-op Fortnight activity doesn’t have to involve dreaming up a new project or require a huge amount of effort.
The campaign theme is loose enough to complement your business, no matter what sector or size. It must involve people working together and co-operating – which happens every day in co-ops. To help inspire you we’ve grouped some ideas into themes:
COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Tidy up a community space. How many bags of litter can you collect?
- Take action to reduce plastic in your co-op and encourage customers to do the same. What tangible difference will you make?
- Get a team together to plant flowers, paint a community centre or decorate a public space. Share your before and after pictures.
EDUCATION AND LEARNING
- Hold an open day and invite customers to learn more about your co-op.
- Arrange to go into a local school to talk to young people about co-ops.
- Create a work of art to display in a public place to inspire others with your co-operative story.
- Teach a skill to colleagues and customers.
- Share your story of how co-ops provide decent work - to link to the International Day of Co-ops on 6 July
- Collect donations for your local food bank. Set a target for how many items you plan to collect.
- Make a pledge to reduce food waste and encourage others to do the same.
- Make and share food at a ‘get-together’, party or event for members, customers and communities.