Co-operation is part of the fabric of member-owned business, so your Co-op Fortnight activity doesn’t have to involve dreaming up a new project or require a huge amount of effort.
The campaign theme is loose enough to complement your business, no matter what sector or size. It must involve people working together and co-operating – which happens every day in co-ops. To help inspire you we’ve grouped some ideas into themes:
COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Tidy up a community space. How many bags of litter can you collect?
- Take action to reduce plastic in your co-op and encourage customers to do the same. What tangible difference will you make?
- Get a team together to plant flowers, paint a community centre or decorate a public space. Share your before and after pictures.
EDUCATION AND LEARNING
- Hold an open day and invite customers to learn more about your co-op.
- Arrange to go into a local school to talk to young people about co-ops.
- Create a work of art to display in a public place to inspire others with your co-operative story.
- Teach a skill to colleagues and customers.
- Share your story of how co-ops provide decent work - to link to the International Day of Co-ops on 6 July
- Collect donations for your local food bank. Set a target for how many items you plan to collect.
- Make a pledge to reduce food waste and encourage others to do the same.
- Make and share food at a ‘get-together’, party or event for members, customers and communities.
Feeling inspired? Tell us what you plan to do so we can share your story.
Submit your pledge by 30 April 2019 for the best chance of being featured in the campaign. We can’t wait to hear your ideas!