Book tickets now for Practitioners Forum, our flagship training event for people working in co‑operative businesses large and small.
About the event
Practitioners Forum is our flagship training event for people working in co‑operative businesses large and small. With practical sessions aimed at HR, communications, membership, finance and governance professionals, as well as networking opportunities, we're delighted to welcome you back to this face to face event.
- In-person - This event will primarily be an in-person event with forums covering governance, membership, HR, communications, culture & performance and finance. In-person delegates can mix and match sessions across the day.
- Online - Four of the sessions will also be broadcasted online, for those unable to attend in person. These sessions will be confirmed shortly but will cover broad subjects such as - how to communicate the co-op USP, how to develop a climate action strategy for your co-op, future proofing your co-op and adapting to consumer trends (note topics are subject to change).
Please note. Only four sessions will be available online, and these are being programmed to appeal to a broad audience. The face to face tickets provide you with flexibility about which sessions you attend.
How much does it cost?
In-person ticket (All sessions)
£125 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK
- £180 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership
- Access to any sessions taking place throughout the day
- Speaker presentations/slides
- Recording of the four broadcast sessions
- Online content post-event such as speaker interviews
- Refreshments and lunch on the day
Online ticket (Four sessions appealing to a broad audience)
- £50 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK.
- £72 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
- Live online access to the four broadcasted sessions
- Recording of the four broadcasted sessions
- Online content post event such as speaker interviews
Who should attend?
Practitioners Forum is aimed at professionals working in co-operative businesses of all sizes who have an interest in the following areas:
- Culture and performance
What topics will be covered?
Please note that these have not yet been confirmed and are subject to change.
General (available to those in-person and online)
- How to communicate the co-op USP
- Future proofing your co-op - Planning for the next crisis
- Adapting your co-operative to changing consumer trends and behaviour
- Climate change - What can co-ops do to help?
Communication (available to those attending in-person only)
- Reaching young people through digital comms
- Workshop: How to create online content on your phone
- Workshop: What makes a good media story
Human Resources (available to those attending in-person only)
- Covid case studies around discrimination of those shielding/pregnant
- Sexual harassment at work
- How to build effective working relationships and culture in the “new normal” of Hybrid Working
Governance (available to those attending in-person only)
- Inherited assets and protecting your society
- Cognitive Diversity and Boards
Finance (available to those attending in-person only)
- Improving reporting - Sustainable Development Goals as a framework
- Basics (need to know) from an accountancy point of view
Membership (available to those attending in-person only)
- How to write a membership engagement strategy
Business Strategy (available to those attending in-person only)
- Writing a business plan
- Co-operative approaches to product development and services improvement
Details of the programme will be updated shortly. If you have any questions please contact our Events Co-ordinator Leoni Bamford.