Join Co-operatives UK for this event on Wednesday 14 July from 3.30-4.30pm. Co-op Connections is a series of events that enables co-ops to connect, learn and discuss topical themes.
About the event
This Co-op Connection event will offer peer support for those who have successfully launched a community share offer and are now running societies with all their new investor members.
It's an opportunity to catch up with other co-ops and community businesses that have run community share offers and share experiences. Hear from a couple of guest speakers (TBC) who are a few years on from their initial share offer and how they have worked with their membership and solidified the business over the years.
- This event will take place online for 1 hour.
- This event will be interactive and discussions will be encouraged, alongside listening to guest speakers.
How much does it cost?
- This event is FREE for members of Co-operatives UK.
- £10 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What attendees will gain
- Peer support
- Some high level advice/guidance.
Who should attend?
Societies that have run community share offers
About the facilitators
Isla McCulloch and Alice Wharton manage the Community Shares Unit at Co-operatives UK. We invest in innovative and diverse community share offers through our Community Shares Booster Programme; promote best practice through the Community Shares Standard Mark; run training and development for practitioners and lead on research and data collection for the community shares market overall. Isla is also the Chair of community owned greengrocers in Edinburgh that raised money through community shares back in 2014.