This members only club was founded in November 1916 as the Brighton & District Labour Club & Institute and was known as such until March 1974. When the club name was amended to the one we know it by today, Brighton Trades Labour Club & Institute. It has three bars and offices in Lewes Road.
The main club premises were sited in London Road until 1963 when the building in Lewes Road, that began life as coaching stables, became the Arcadia cinema, then later a shoe makers was purchased. This was then enlarged by the acquisition of the shop next door and designed to be the entertainment centre of the club, which it still is today.