The Co-operatives UK Advice Team can support co‑operatives with their governance, HR, finance and membership, run training courses and delivers bespoke training and consultancy.
As part of our work to develop and grow the UK’s co-operative sector, Co-operatives UK also manages and delivers a number of other co‑operative support and funding programmes:
- The Hive is a support programme for co-operatives delivered by Co‑operatives UK in partnership with The Co‑operative Bank. If you are looking to set-up a co‑operative, or you're from an existing co‑operative with ambitions to grow, you could benefit from up to 12 days bespoke support, training and mentoring. The Hive also has a wealth of free resources to help co-ops on a range of areas from business planning to good governance: www.thehive.coop
- UnFound is a programme funded through The Hive specifically to promote platform co-ops among the tech start-up community: www.unfound.coop
- The Booster Fund supports community share offers - a unique way of crowdfunding for co-operatives - with development grants and matched investment, funded by Power to Change and delivered by Co-operatives UK. There are three pathways of support to choose from preparing the offer, a matched investment into your share offer ahead of launching or matched investment into your share offer during the campaign: www.communitysharesbooster.org.uk
- The Community Shares Unit has a range of resources to support enterprises, promote good practice and raise awareness. This includes information about the Community Shares Standard Mark, awarded to community share offers that meet national standards of good practice: communityshares.org.uk
- The Bright Ideas Fund is funded by Power to Change and delivered by Locality in partnership with Co-operatives UK, the Plunkett Foundation and Groundwork UK. The fund supports new community business ideas through the start-up and planning stages with tailored business support, to the implementation stage with grants of up to £15,000. It has ‘windows’ for applications. Find out the next application window.