Suitable for an organisation that is owned and controlled democratically by a variety of stakeholders, and operates primarily for the benefit of a wider stakeholder group.
Model Key Features
- Governing Act: Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
- Members may hold more than one share in the co-operative, but voting is limited to one member, one vote.
- Most popular model for those organisations intending to carry out a community share offer.
- Board composition: elected Board.
- Options for a common ownership dissolution provision or a statutory asset lock.
Download the model here.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) will only process registrations using Co-operatives UK model governing documents if consent is provided. To engage Co-operatives UK in the registration process email [email protected]. Our registration service ensures that the correct model rules are being used; any changes made to model rules are in line with the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014; and that the society's application meets the conditions for registration. More information can be found here.