Specialist advice for co-operatives is often hard to come by. Our Contact Package offers our members unique access to the best support from some of the UK’s leading advisers on co-operative governance, finance, HR and membership.
How does it work?
The Contact package is like having insurance, giving you the peace of mind that you can access a variety of expertise whenever you need it. It is exclusively available to members of Co-operatives UK:
- For only £200 our members can contact us up to 10 times a year with a question or query.
- Governance, HR and membership queries are dealt with by our Advice Team – who between them have over 80 years’ experience working in the co-operative sector.
- Queries requiring legal advice from a solicitor – for example contracts, leases and data protection – are passed to one of our expert network of partners. This is made up of top lawyers in the country for advising co-operatives.
- Finance queries requiring accountancy, audit and tax advice are passed to our partners who are experts in co-operative finance.
Types of queries could include…
- What the requirements are with regards to calling and running your AGM.
- Clarifying specific parts of your governing document to make sure you’re interpreting them right.
- What the HR requirements are when your co-operative employs a new member of staff.
- How to deal with a disciplinary or grievance that has been raised in your co-operative.
- What the tax implications are for your co-operative and its members when you pay a dividend.
- What the audit requirements are for your co-operative.
I want the Contact Package. What next?
Contact our Membership team on 0161 2141786 or [email protected] and we can talk you through the process – whether you are already a member of Co-operatives UK or would like to join and access the Contact Package.
Other advice services from Co-operatives UK
Co-operatives UK provides a range of paid-for advice services and consultancy separate to the Contact Package. Co-operatives UK members receive a 20% discount on these services. Find out more…
"Co-operatives UK were so helpful and approachable. Our queries were answered quickly and we were referred immediately to an appropriate expert. We were supported with great advice and offered helpful resources. It's really reassuring to know that we can turn to them for advice in our hour of need." Paper Rhino
"My query was forwarded to the relevant people promptly and I was kept informed of progress along the way. The query was properly researched and I was given in-depth and pertinent advice." The Phone Co-op
"We had a legal query which resulted in Co-operatives UK seeking a legal opinion. The process went really well and we received the answer we were hoping for. Very pleased." North West Housing Services
"Co-operatives UK workers go out of their way to help, be supportive and are friendly and approachable. The advice given has been invaluable." Link Psychology Cooperative Ltd