Our keynote speakers
The gig economy; trade unions and models for the self-employed; collaborative trends... We are covering the subjects that matter - and have assembled an enviable line-up of speakers to deliver on those topics. We welcome keynote speakers including John Park (Community), Andy Wightman (Scottish Green Party MSP) and Sarah de Heusch Ribassin (SMart). Find out more
Pitch your BIG co-op idea
Win £2,000 cash and mentor support worth £2,000 for the best ideas for new co-ops, or new products/services for existing co-ops. The best ones will get to give a Dragon's Den style pitch at Congress on Saturday 1 July to an audience which will include our 'pitch' panel of judges. Find out more
Co-operative of the Year Awards
Vote for your favourite co-operatives of the year from our shortlist. We are asking you, the people who are running, using and supporting co-operatives up and down the country, to decide. Find out more
We are running the following workshops – read more:
- Reimagine governance – exploring the possibilities for co-ops to look at a range of methods of appointment to ensure boards have a diverse mix of skills, experience and backgrounds that can come together to ensure its success.
- Reimagine community – approaches for giving people more ownership and control
- Reimagine technology – growing the number and impact of co-ops in the digital economy
- Reimagine care – how can co-operative approaches address the care crisis
- Reimagine education – taking co-op eduction into the mainstream
- Reimagine co-ops – co-ops as agents for social change.
It’s not often co-operatives get a chance to get together with others in their sector for structured networking and discussion. Congress is well established as an excellent forum for networking and the 2017 event will be no different.
Co-operatives UK AGM
Co‑operatives UK's AGM is the primary way in which our member organisations participate in the democracy of Co‑operatives UK. Our 2017 AGM will be held at Unity Works, Wakefield on Friday 30 June, just before the start of Co‑operative Congress. Find out more.