Know a co-op or co-operator you think deserves to scoop a Co-op of the Year Award? Now’s your chance to nominate them for our prestigious awards.
How to nominate a co-op or individual
Complete the form below explaining in 250 words or less why you are nominating the co-operative and/or individual.
- The co-op(s) nominated must be a member of Co-operatives UK and cannot have won an award in 2019.
- Co-operator of the Year Award nominees must be affiliated with a Co-operatives UK member co-op.
- Co-op Council of the Year Award nominees must be Council members of the Co-op Councils' Innovation Network (CCIN), who have not previously won this award.
The co‑op(s) nominated must be a member of Co‑operatives UK and cannot have won an award in 2019*:
- Leading Co‑op of the Year: Co‑op Group
- Inspiring Co‑op of the Year: The Schools Energy Co‑op
- Breakthrough Co‑op of the Year: Bristol Wood Recycling Project
- Co‑operative Council of the Year: South Tyneside Council
- Co‑operator of the Year: Lorraine Power
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Roger Sawtell
* The Awards did not take place in 2020 due to Covid‑19.
What makes a good nomination?
The best nominations will persuade someone who doesn’t know the co-op to vote for it. Fast growth? Profitable? Innovative? Great member involvement? Excellent products? Making a difference? It’s your decision as to why the co-op deserves the nomination. The key is to convince others to vote.
For individual Co-operator of the Year Awards, we are looking for people who really embody the co-op values and principles. Are they an inspirational mentor? Great at encouraging co-operation amongst co-ops? Dedicated to co-op education? Let us know what difference they have made to the UK co-op movement.
You can submit as many nominations as you like. Just complete one form per entry.
How we use your data