The Worker Co-operative Council shapes strategic priorities for worker co-operative and employee owned members of Co-operatives UK, and acts as a sounding board on important issues.
The council meets four times a year and is elected by and from worker co-op members. The Council in turn nominates two representatives to the main Board of Co-operatives UK.
The results of this year's election to the Worker Co-op Council were announced at the Co-operatives UK AGM on 18 May. Four worker co-op members contested the election with three seats on the Council available. The results are as follows:
Ross Hodgson (re-elected, nominated by Suma)
Mike Rudge (first term, nominated by Delta-T Devices)
Sion Whellens (re-elected, nominated by Calverts)
Michael Adaarewa, nominated by G53 Cooperative Society, was the unsuccessful candidate.
Worker Co-operative Council members
- Ross Hodgson – Suma (elected to Board of Directors)
- Lucy Humphrey – Leading Lives
- Ieva Padagaite - Blake House Filmmakers Co-operative (co-opted)
- Mike Rudge - Delta-T Devices
- Britta Werner – Unicorn Grocery (elected to Board of Directors)
- Sion Whellens – Calverts
- Aaron Hirtenstein - Agile Collective
- Kayleigh Walsh - Outlandish Co-operative
Any worker co-op member can stand for election to the Council. If you are interested get in touch.