The Worker Co-operative Council shapes strategic priorities for worker co-operative and employee owned members of Co-operatives UK, and acts as a sounding board on important issues.
The council usually meets four times a year and is elected by and from worker co-op members. The Council in turn nominates two representatives to the main Board of Co-operatives UK.
Worker Co-operative Council members
- Alex Buckmire – Voluntary Action Harrow
- Richard Crook – Essential Trading
- Debbie Harley – Delta T Devices (elected to Board of Directors)
- Ross Hodgson – Suma
- Lucy Humphrey – Leading Lives
- Britta Werner – Unicorn Grocery (elected to Board of Directors)
- Sion Whellens – Calverts
Any worker co-op member can stand for election to the Council, this process starts in April of each year. If you are interested get in touch.