The Worker Co-operative Council shapes strategic priorities for worker co-operative and employee owned members of Co-operatives UK, and acts as a sounding board on important issues.
The council meets four times a year and is elected by and from worker co-op members. The Council in turn nominates two representatives to the main Board of Co-operatives UK.
Worker Co-operative Council members
- Cath Muller - Footprint workers co-ops (elected to Board of Directors)
- Ross Hodgson – Suma (elected to Board of Directors)
- Mike Rudge - Delta-T Devices
- Debbie Clarke – Unicorn Grocery
- Sion Whellens – Calverts
- Aaron Hirtenstein - Agile Collective
- Tatiana Baskakova - Ceramics Art Studio
- Kayleigh Walsh - Outlandish Co-operative (co-opted)
Ieva Padagaite - Blake House Filmmakers Co-operative (co-opted)
The Worker Co-op Council elections are underway, with four candidates - Margaret Graham (Trafford Media and Communications), Ross Hodgson (Suma), Mike Rudge (Delta-T Devices) and Sion Whellens (Calverts) - contesting three seats. Worker co-op members of Co-operatives UK have been emailed all the information required to cast their vote, including statements from each of the four candidates. Missed the email? Contact [email protected] and we'll be delighted to help.
Any worker co-op member can stand for election to the Council. If you are interested get in touch.