35 hours per week, with occasional weekend working
£22,000 - £28,000 p.a.
Closing date: Thursday 16th March 2017
You will be independent, entrepreneurial and have a passion for technology, which you'll use to help us achieve our mission to promote, develop and unite member-owned businesses across the UK.
As well as supporting and maintaining our full technology stack, you’ll be working on a number of exciting digital projects and with a range of leading platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Salesforce and Drupal (it doesn’t matter if you’re not initially comfortable with these).
Your work will be highly varied, and you'll be regarded as an expert and patient source of technology support who is comfortable working with colleagues at all levels of our organisation and beyond.
Are you a customer focussed, values driven person who is eager to learn with an interest in corporate governance? Are you looking for a role in a values driven organisation where you can advise and support co-operative and mutual enterprises on their governance?
As the network for Britain’s thousands of co-operatives, Co-operatives UK works to promote, develop and unite member owned businesses worth £34bn to the UK economy.
We deliver a range of expert technical advice and guidance to our co-operative members on the distinctive elements of co-operative governance. We support co-operatives of all sizes, from small new-starts through to large successful businesses, and in a broad range of sectors. We are looking for a conscientious and customer focused person to provide corporate governance advice and guidance to our members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a first point of contact for advice enquiries (telephone, email and web) from Co-operatives UK members and our wider client base
- Providing written and oral advice and guidance on all aspects of corporate and co-operative law, corporate governance best practice and other appropriate legal structures in line with our quality processes and standards
- Building and maintaining Co-operatives UK’s specialist knowledge of the co-operative sector, particularly related to corporate law, co-operative law and governance best practice in order to improve the range and depth of technical advice being offered to members and clients
- Contributing to the development and delivery of new/improved co-operative governance advice, including the delivery of advice products and charged for services
You will be an excellent communicator who can work independently and operate as part of a close knit team. You will have an interest in providing corporate governance advice, or you may have a legal or business background, and be passionate about the values that co-operatives uphold. A background in providing advice is desirable but not essential. Co-operatives UK is fully committed to ongoing learning and development, therefore if you have an interest in corporate governance and the co-operative model, but do not have the advice experience then do apply for the position as training can be given in the specifics of the role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to put people and ease and communicate to a wide range of people and organisations
- Experience of/interest in providing advice and guidance to a range of clients
- Demonstrated interest in co-operative values, principles, corporate governance structures and the wider social economy
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to distill complex information into easily understandable advice