The Worker Co-operative Council shapes strategic priorities for worker co-operative and employee owned members of Co-operatives UK and acts as a sounding board on important issues.
The Council is one of our member groups and meets four times a year and is elected by and from worker co-op members. The Council in turn nominates two representatives to the Board of Co-operatives UK. Members of the Council are:
- Cath Muller - Footprint workers co-ops (elected to Board of Directors)
- Ross Hodgson – Suma (elected to Board of Directors)
- Mike Rudge - Delta-T Devices
- Debbie Clarke – Unicorn Grocery
- Sion Whellens – Calverts
- Aaron Hirtenstein - Agile Collective
- Tatiana Baskakova - Ceramics Art Studio
- Kayleigh Walsh - Outlandish Co-operative (co-opted)
- Ieva Padagaite - Blake House Filmmakers Co-operative (co-opted)
Worker Co-op Code
The Worker Co-operative Code sets out what members of a worker co-operative should expect and work together to achieve.
It has been created by the Worker Co-op Council to help people create and defend decent jobs, with a culture of equality and respect at work, where people benefit fairly from their own labour and take collective control of their working lives.