For Co-operatives Fortnight 2017 – from 17 June to 1 July – we encouraged people across the country to share stories of how co-operating, working together, has made a difference.
|As Co-operatoves Fortnight 2017 has now concluded the below information - detailing how people could take part in this year's campaign - is for information only.|
It could be anything, from people working together to clean up a local canal towpath to a group of villagers clubbing together to keep their local pub going to a local film club run together by volunteers. We’ll simply be asking people to share their story or picture on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #coopstories.
Together we planned to create a wealth of stories to inspire people to think differently.
“The world doesn’t feel in great shape right now and the very idea of the Co-op – an idea that my mum and my gran grew up with in Nottingham – feels dead right and more relevant than ever.” Bafta award winning film-maker Shane Meadows
In the run up to Co-operatives Fortnight you can help by spreading word
- Ask your staff, members, customers and friends, to share their stories of co-operation during Co-operatives Fortnight.
- Use the resources, such as images, messages and toolkits to bring the idea alive for them
- Promote and celebrate people’s stories of co-operation by sharing them as widely as possible
During Co-operatives Fortnight you can share stories of co-operation
- Post stories of co-operation on social media - Twitter, Instagram and Facebook will all do the job
- Use the hashtag #coopstories so they automatically feed into a UK-wide website packed with inspiring stories
- Share your own and others’ stories of co-operation with your networks, and ask them to post their own
Resources to help
We have a range of resources to help you build awareness of Co-operatives Fortnight and encourage staff, members, customers and friends to take part:
- Co-operatives Fortnight logos and standard wording
- The 'It’s time to co-operative’ strapline and 'Get ready for Co-operatives Fortnight' call to action
- The core campaign images for use in print and online
- Coming soon: A toolkit with a range of ideas on what to do and ideas of stories people can shar