Practitioners Forum 2021
Content by Practitioners Forum
Book tickets now for Practitioners Forum, our flagship training event for people working in co‑operative businesses large and small.
Support for your co‑op
As the network for the UK's thousands of co-operative businesses, we provide support in HR, culture, governance, finance, marketing, membership strategy and co-operative development. Browse our extensive library of online resources, blogs and…
Guide to co-ops
Read our handy guide, which explains in simple terms what a co‑op is (and why they're so great).
The Co-op Economy
The Co-op Economy is the nation’s only comprehensive report on the UK’s co‑operative sector. It reveals turnover, membership and employee figures for co‑op businesses across the UK.
Our contact package provides access to the best support from leading advisers on co-op governance, finance, HR and membership
Co-operatives UK offers open surgeries with new CEO
Co-operatives UK’s newly appointed CEO, Rose Marley, is offering one to one surgeries to talk all things co-operative.
- The UK’s 7,237 independent co-ops employ 250,128 people
- Co-ops contribute £39.7 billion to the UK economy
- There are nearly 14 million memberships of co-ops. The members own and have a say in how the nation's co-ops operate
- Co-ops proved four times less likely to cease trading during 2020
- The UK co-op sector grew by £1.1 billion in 2020, despite the pandemic
Programmes to support your co-op
Support for new co-ops, with advice, training and mentoring
For community owned organisations looking to raise funds through community shares
For tech founders and start ups looking for a different way to run digital platforms
The Ownership Hub
Developing a fairer and more resilient regional economy by supporting more worker and employee ownership