A Call for Co-operative Growth
Leading UK co-operatives are calling on all political parties to commit to co-operative growth at the next general election.
Support for your co‑op
As the network for the UK's thousands of co-operative businesses, we provide support in HR, culture, governance, finance, marketing, membership strategy and co-operative development. Browse our extensive library of online resources, blogs and…
Benefits of membership
We help co-operatives become the best they can be. Find out how to become a member.
Practitioners Forum 2023
Join us at Practitioners Forum, our number one training and development event which takes place on Thursday 23 November at The Studio in Manchester.
Content by Business support for co-ops
Join the Co-op Hackathon on 19-20 October, London – an event to boost collaborative tech within the co‑operative movement.
Guide to co-ops
Read our handy guide, which explains in simple terms what a co‑op is (and why they're so great).
- The UK’s 7,237 independent co-ops employ 250,128 people
- Co-ops contribute £39.7 billion to the UK economy
- There are nearly 14 million memberships of co-ops. The members own and have a say in how the nation's co-ops operate
- Co-ops proved four times less likely to cease trading during 2020
- The UK co-op sector grew by £1.1 billion in 2020, despite the pandemic
Programmes to support your co-op
Support for new co-ops, with advice, training and mentoring
For community owned organisations looking to raise funds through community shares
For tech founders and start ups looking for a different way to run digital platforms
The Ownership Hub
Developing a fairer and more resilient regional economy by supporting more worker and employee ownership