Become a member
We exist to meet our member needs, we’ve been supporting organisations like yours for 150 years. Find out how to become a member.
Support for your co‑op
As the network for the UK's thousands of co-operative businesses, we provide support in HR, culture, governance, finance, marketing, membership strategy and co-operative development. Browse our extensive library of online resources, blogs and…
Our contact package provides access to the best support from leading advisers on co-op governance, finance, HR and membership.
Start a new co‑op
Looking to start a co‑op? Here you can access a step by step guide to starting a co‑op and register your co‑op with our online registration tool. You can apply for business support to get your new start-up off the ground in the best way possible. And…
Guide to co-ops
Read our handy guide, which explains in simple terms what a co‑op is (and why they're so great).
Communities doing it for themselves – new report reveals £210 million raised through community shares
- The UK’s 7,237 independent co-ops employ 250,128 people
- Co-ops contribute £39.7 billion to the UK economy
- There are nearly 14 million memberships of co-ops. The members own and have a say in how the nation's co-ops operate
- Co-ops proved four times less likely to cease trading during 2020
- The UK co-op sector grew by £1.1 billion in 2020, despite the pandemic
Programmes to support your co-op
Support for new co-ops, with advice, training and mentoring
For community owned organisations looking to raise funds through community shares
For tech founders and start ups looking for a different way to run digital platforms
The Ownership Hub
Developing a fairer and more resilient regional economy by supporting more worker and employee ownership