You are here
Simply Finance is designed for you if you are involved with a project that wants to be more, or better, than it presently is. In order to best make that leap something extra may well need to be brought in from outside the organisation.
- provides a foundation for understanding the role played by finance in business
- describes the main forms of finance and how they are accessed
- provides some templates and standard conditions to enable you to reach honest and fair agreements with providers of finance
- identifies some of the main tax and accounting issues that may be raised by the use of different sources of finance.
This guide has been created as part of a "Simply" series of publications to support the set-up and governance of co-operative and community enterprises. The series will include:
Simply Legal - a comprehensive guide to the legal forms and organisational types for community enterprises.
Simply Governance - A comprehensive guide to understanding the systems and processes concerned with the running of a sustainable community enterprise.
Simply Start Up - A guide for anyone involved in the creation of an enterprise that will be owned by, run by, and supported by the community in which it operates.
This Simply Governance guide is also supported by the From Conflict to Co-operation series of booklets, also produced by Co-operatives UK. This series shows how to deal with conflict by:
- improving communication;
- improving meetings and decision-making;
- managing the change caused by organisational growth and development; and
- clarifying the role of the governing body.